|Canon EOS-1D X Mark II camera|
I am still on my Patagonia Photo Tour in South America. You can follow my trip on Facebook and Twitter. Will return home next week just in time for the official announcement of the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II.
The following is the latest specifications on the much anticipated camera. As usual, Canon has apparently chosen not to introduce their latest DIGIC 7 processor on their top-of-the-line DSLR. The new processor will probably make its first appearance on a PowerShot camera, just like the DIGIC 6.
At first glance, the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II specifications may not look as flashy as the new Nikon D5, especially the AF points and ISO numbers but I caution my readers not to just compare numbers since the Nikon figures are primarily designed to catch the eyes of photographic magazine writers and make a splash.
Once the new camera arrives, I will take it on a few real world photo shoots around the globe and put it through some rigorous tests. I expect it to be evolutionary better than the EOS-1D X, which I have picked as the best full frame DSLR for sports and wildlife photography four years in a row.
You can see my equipment bag and works on MichaelDanielHo.com
Latest specs on Canon EOS-1D X Mark II camera :
- 20.2MP CMOS sensor. Dynamic range improvement
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC6 + processor
- ISO 100-51200 (expanded in 409600)
- Continuous shooting of 14 frames / sec. 16 frames / second in the live view mode
- New mirror drive system that enables high-speed continuous shooting
- Continuous shooting The number of storable RAW at 170 frames (at 16 frames / sec.). Unlimited in JPEG
- 61-point AF system, which range is expanded. 41-point cross-type
- AF is -3EV correspondence
- With lighting AF point red
- AI AF accuracy and motion tracking has improved Servo AF III +
- 360000 dot photometric sensor. EOS iSA. EOS iTR
- 0.76 times the viewfinder magnification. 100% field of view
- Video 4K 60fps. Full HD120fps. 4K video can be recorded in internal CFast2.0 media
- Movie Servo AF
- LCD monitor 3.2 inches, 1.62 million dots. Touch panel.
- Camera digital lens Optimizer (DLO). Lens aberration correction. Diffraction correction
- CFast2.0 and compact flash of dual card slot
- GPS built-in
- 2-axis electronic level
- USB3.0 terminal, HDMI terminal
- W-FI option (WFT-E8A)
- The size of 158mm x 167.6mm x 82.6mm
- Weight 1340g
- List price - about $6,000 in the USA