I am back from my Alaska/Canada Wildlife Photo Tour. It was my annual shoot and this time I put the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II camera to more real world tests. In addition to the EOS-1D X Mark II, I brought the EOS-7D Mark II, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II and EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II lens. You can see my equipment bag and more of my works on MichaelDanielHo.com.
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 incorporates the following updates :
- Adds Canon Log 3.
- Reduces Canon Log 2 noise in dark areas.
- Enables magnification to be used even during recording.
- The following features are enabled when these lenses are attached: CN7x17 KAS S/E1*3, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S or CN20x50 IAS H/E1.
- Enables autofocus using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF function. (Not applicable to the CN20x50 IAS H/E1 lens)
- Enables the joystick on the camera’s grip unit to be set to operate the zoom.
- Enables control of iris to be set to manual operation, and control of focus, zoom and iris using the separately-sold Remote Controller RC-V100.
- Enables automatic aperture and push auto iris functions.
- Enables retrieval of metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance of the lens attached, and display of metadata on the camera,
- Enables Dual Pixel Function when these lenses are attached: CN7x17 KAS S/E1 lens, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S lens or any of the EF cinema prime lenses.
- Adds peripheral illumination/chromatic aberration correction for the following lenses:
- COMPACT-SERVO lenses: CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S
- CINE-SERVO lenses: CN20x50 IAS H/E1
- EF lenses: EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM and EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM.
- Enhances menu operations so that settings related to resolution/color sampling, etc. are retained to the extent possible when changing recording settings such as the frame rate.
- Supports ACESproxy (ACES 1.0).
- Alleviates the black-dot phenomenon that appears in the periphery of high-brightness light sources.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 126.96.36.199.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C300 Mark II cameras running firmware version 188.8.131.52.00 – 184.108.40.206.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 220.127.116.11.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the unit’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.