As reported earlier, the successor to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II camera, the Mark III is expected to be announced by Q1, 2020 with a possible development announcement before the end of 2019.
I have been an EOS-1 user since the line was introduced in 1989. The latest and possibly last EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR body may have the following specs :
- All new mid 20MP sensor
- Powered by dual DIGIC 8+ processors
- Dual card slots - 1 CFast and 1 CFExpress or 2 CFExpress
- Shoots 6K video without cropping
- IBIS in test prototype and probably in final version
- 3.2 million-dot touch screen
- Burst rate equal to Mark II model in AF. Faster than 16 fps in LiveView.
- Improved silent shooting mode
- New battery but backward compatible with older models
Keep checking back for the latest development and information. I am very interested in getting this body.