Canon has announced firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. This update brings the IBIS High-Resolution feature, allowing you to capture 400mp images.
This firmware includes the following improvements and fixes :
- [IBIS Hi-Res Shooting] has been added to the menu. By utilizing the in-body image stabilization mechanism, it is now possible to record images with higher resolution.
- To check your images, use the EOS Utility/Digital Photo Professional. EOS Utility/Digital Photo Professional requires updating.
- Added [Save and read communication settings to card] to the menu. Network settings can now be transferred between cameras of the same model.
- It is now possible to crop and resize images during image transfer to an FTP server.
- Added “Image Protection” for FTP transfer to the menu. Images transferred via FTP can now be automatically protected. This allows you to determine whether the image has been transferred by FTP.
- Fixed minor bugs.