MELVILLE, NY, May 24, 2022 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today the launch of the new EOS R7 and EOS R10 camera bodies, Canon’s first EOS R-series models with smaller-size APS-C imaging sensor.
Ideal for hobbyists and general photography enthusiasts, the EOS R7 is the quintessential camera to take your photography to the next level. It is a powerful camera choice for those seeking an upgrade to their travel and vacation photos or to capture life-long family memories while opening a new world of creative and professional possibilities. The EOS R10 is perfect for content creators looking for a camera option to capture high-quality action videos and images of sports, wildlife, and motorsports.
As the market share leader for mirrorless cameras in the United States during Q1 of 20221, Canon looks to solidify their position with the addition of new offerings within the EOS R lineup. EOS R7 and EOS R10 provide enhanced video functions and accessories, such as the new multifunction shoe with EOS R7, while still maintaining a high-level ease of use. With a robust mirrorless system at their core, these cameras provide users with a powerful telephoto reach through both still image and video due to the 1.6x crop factor that comes with APS-C sensor cameras.
In addition to its compact size and ease of use, the EOS R7 and EOS R10 also feature :
- 32 million pixels (EOS R7) and 24 million pixels (EOS R10), APS-C size image sensor
- Autofocus (AF): subject detection inherited from EOS R3
- Up to 15 frames per second (FPS) mechanical shutter
- First Canon APS-C camera with up to 7.0 stops Coordinated Image Stabilization
- Dual memory card slots (EOS R7 only)
- Full width 4K video recording at 60p (EOS R7 only), 30p and 24p
- Record each clip over thirty (30) minutes2
- Up to 30FPS with electronic shutter (EOS R7 only)
- Dust and moisture resistant (EOS R7 only)
- In-body image stabilization (EOS R7 only)
Alongside the camera bodies, Canon will release new RF-S lenses – a series of RF-mount lenses that are optimized for the smaller APS-C sensor size of the new EOS R camera system. Marked as the RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM and RF-S18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM lenses, these will be the standard zoom lenses for the EOS R7 and EOS R10 cameras. The RF-S 18-45mm provides an 18-45mm focal length, but users will experience a field of view equivalent to 29-72mm lens coverage on a full-frame camera. The RF-S18-150mm lens is a longer-range standard zoom, equivalent to 29-240mm lens coverage on a full frame. While ideal for the new EOS R10 and EOS R7 APS-C sized sensor bodies, these lenses can be used for any R-series camera.