Canon EOS C70 Firmware Update Version 22.214.171.124 released. Download it here.
Updated firmware include the following :
- Eye Detection Auto Focus (AF), Face Detection AF, and Subject Tracking AF During Slow and Fast Recording (24-120p)
- Canon’s Eye AF, Face Detection AF, and Subject Tracking AF allows for more accurate auto focus performance at accelerated frame rates, helping to ensure you don’t miss that crucial shot.
- XF-AVC 4K Intra-frame 60p
- Newly added XF-AVC Intra-Frame 60p records at a bit rate of 600Mbps and offers users a lightweight, high-quality codec that helps to minimize storage costs and speed up file transfers. This new file format allows for easier handling of files and the capability to record to an SD card.
- Canon’s IP-based XC Protocol
- XC Protocol enables multi-camera remote control of camera settings via the Canon RC-IP100 remote controller or other third-party XC Protocol-enabled remote control panels.
- Canon 709 Custom Picture Profile
- The Canon 709 Profile has the same dynamic range as the current Wide DR profile setting with great contrast. This provides a rich, cinematic look to your footage right out of the box, without the time-consuming need for color grading.
- CMT 709 “Viewing Assistance”
- Allows the video output of the camera to be viewed on a REC.709-compliant monitor when recording in Canon Log 2 or Canon Log 3. CMT 709 is a great starting point for any color grading and assists in making adjustments while shooting, reducing the time needed to edit the file in post-production.
- Full Communication with EF-Mount Flex-Zoom 45-135mm and CINE-SERVO 15-120mm Lenses
- Communication features include T-stop display, chromatic aberration correction, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, and Dual Pixel Focus Guide.
Additional upgrades of the firmware update include :
- Maintaining camera settings when switching between normal and slow & fast recording modes.
- Audio 4 channel display now viewable in the level meter display on the camera’s LCD display.