I am back from my wildlife photography shoot in Botswana. It was quite an exciting tour and the water level in the Chobe River and Okavango Delta are high but not at their maximum height. You can follow my travels on Facebook and Twitter, see my equipment bag and works on MichaelDanielHo.com
Now that Canon has announced two new bread-and-butter lenses, the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II, what can we expect from Canon in the next year or so in terms of new cameras and lenses?
New Camera Bodies :
Hopefully the long awaited professional full frame mirrorless camera and the EOS-7D Mark III cameras will be announced some time in 2019. A prosumer mirrorless camera and one DSLR body may be announced ahead of Photokina in September 2018 in Germany. A few PowerShot models will also be announced before year end.
EC801 – Canon Powershot SX740
- 40x Zoom travel compact
- 1/2.3 Sensor
EC804 – Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III
- 4.2x Zoom
- 1″ sensor
- 4K Video
- Comes with a new Canon 1inch sensor
EC811 Canon EOS M5 Mark II
- 28.3MP APS-C mirorless camera
- 4K video @30fps video and DPAF.
- Comes with a new Canon APS-C sensor
New Lenses :
- Two 'professional' lenses may be announced ahead of Photokina 2018
- EF-M 32mm f/1.4 lens may be announced ahead of Photokina 2018
- New 'kit' lens may be announced ahead of Photokina 2018
New EOS Cinema Bodies :
- Perhaps a replacement to the very popular EOS C300 Mark II with the Mark III model.
- New style of cinema camera body
- Canon management is determined to embark on an accelerated product development cycle over the next 18-24 months to coincide with the 2019 Rugby World Cup and 2020 Summer Olympics, both major world events will take place in Japan.