There is a better than even chance Canon will announce a full frame mirrorless camera the first week of September, much earlier than the Photokina Show in Germany in late September.
If accurate, it may not be the professional, full frame mirrorless camera many pro photographers (including myself) have been waiting for to challenge the Sony A7 and A9 plus the recently announced Nikon Z6 and Z7 full frame cameras.
Stay tune and keep checking back often. In the next few days, we should get some credible leaks if this is turning out to be true. The following specs may have some credence to them.
- Mid 20+MP full frame sensor
- Dual Pixel Auto Focus
- IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation)
- 10fps shooting
- Just below $2,000 in the US
- New mirrorless to be called EOS-R
- New RF mount. May be able to accept EF lens as well. Check out video below.