Canon UK has released a major new firmware update to the EOS R5 for videographers. This update adds external 8K ATOMOS Ninja V+ support via the HDMI port.
Firmware v1.4.0 also adds simultaneous movie recording to both memory card slots and the VPG 400 profile.
Firmware Version 1.4.0 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements :
- Adds support for outputting 8K/30p/10-bit video signals for ProRes RAW recording to ATOMOS’s Ninja V+ recorder* via HDMI.
- Adds support for movie recording when the camera is connected to the CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S or CN-E70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S EF cinema lenses.
- Adds simultaneous movie recording capability on card 1 and card 2, however RAW movies and RAW(Light) movies cannot be recorded simultaneously on card 1 and card 2.
- Adds support for the VPG 400 (Video Performance Guarantee Profile), a standard based on the CFexpress 2.0 specification.
- Improves operation stability when using the RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 600mm f/4L IS USM.
- Fixes an issue in which, during HDMI connection, if the camera’s screen turns off, a zebra pattern is displayed via the HDMI output.
- Fixes an issue in which sufficient image stabilization effects may not be attained immediately after the start of shooting.
Download firmware v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R5 at Canon UK
Post a Comment