The rumor mill is heating up again about Canon's full frame mirrorless camera. My readers know I have been reporting on this for the past couple of years and this is the best information I have right now.
- New camera will be full frame and uses the EF mount
- No new type of lens to accompany camera
- Camera comes with a new type of sensor
- Brand new technology to adapt EF lenses to the new sensor
- Video quality slightly greater than 4K
- Camera will be announced some time in 2018
Canon is already testing multiple versions of the camera, including hybrid models but I am quite certain only the full frame mirrorless model will be announced. Personally, I think it's about time Canon gives Sony a run for its mirrorless money. Keep checking back for the latest information.