* * * Flagship EOS-R camera coming in first half of 2019 * * *
* * * Canon announced EOS-R mirrorless camera and RF line of lenses * * *
It seems to me Canon is still a bit worried about cannibalizing their high end EOS-1 and EOS-5 series DSLR sales. The burst rate of 8 fps is barely adequate for wildlife photography but I am still waiting for the replacement of the EOS-1D X Mark II.
I have been invited by Canon to attend a hands-on demonstration but from what I know now, I will not be buying this camera. The small size, even with the BG-E22 grip attached and the the 'slow' 8 fps make the camera unattractive to me. I will wait for the pro model and take a second look but I suspect my EOS-5D Mark IV will serve me better overall. You can download the entire factory specifications of the camera , the Owner Manual and judge for yourself.
Japanese website MyNavi posted an interview with various Canon Managers about the new EOS-R full frame mirrorless camera, some highlights from the interview :
- The Canon EOS R sensor is not the same as the sensor featured on the EOS 5D Mark IV. The EOS R sensor is a new development.
- The image quality of the Canon EOS R will beat any other Canon DSLR camera thanks to new sensors, new processors and new, high performing lenses
- Canon did not add on sensor stabilisation (IBIS) because of the costs, and heating and size issues. They might consider adding on sensor stabilization on future models
- There will be more EOS R models in the line-up. Expect lower and higher end models to be released in the future
- Canon is considering making a 8k Cinema EOS R camera
The EF-M 32 f/1.4 STM lens, EF 400mm f/2.8 L IS III and EF 600mm f/4 L IS III Super Telephoto Lenses will be announced September 21 and late December, 2018, respectively.
- 30.3MP Full Size CMOS
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- One SD memory card slot
- Multifunction bar installed (2nd picture image)
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built-in
- Weather sealed magnesium body
- Continuous shooting performance: 8 fps (at servo AF - 5 fps)
- AF point (when cross key is selected): 5,655 points
- EVF : organic EL, 0.71 times
- Auto Focus range: EV – 6 to 18 (23 ° C at room temperature · ISO 100 with F1.2 lens)
- ISO sensitivity : 100 to 40000 (extended ISO: 50, 51200, 102400)
- Shutter speed : 1/8000 to 30 seconds, bulb
- Video : 4K 30p, full HD 60p, HD 120p
- Rear liquid crystal : 3.15 type 2.1 million dots touch panel
- Battery : LP-E6N
- Battery grip: BG-E22 with 2 batteries
- Size : Width of about 136 mm × height of about 98 mm
- Weight : Approximately 580 g
- Mount : inner diameter 54 mm, flange back 20 mm, 12 pin
- Mount adapter : "Mount adapter EF - EOS R" "Control ring mount adapter EF - EOS R" "Drop - in filter mount adapter EF - EOS R"
Post a Comment