Sigma announced their 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art lens at the CP+ Show on February 25 in Yokohama, Japan. This is an interesting and fast zoom lens designed for APS-C cameras, in the highly successful Art line of glass. Take a look at some sample photos taken with a pre-production lens at the CP+ Show. I am interested in this lens for wildlife photography and may acquire it for my equipment bag.
Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Specifications (Google Translated)
- Lens construction: 15 group 21 sheets – three FLD glass.
- One SLD glass.
- One High refractive index, high-dispersion glass
- One High refractive index SLD glass
- Filter Size : 82mm
- Minimum shooting distance: 95cm
- Maximum magnification of 1: 6.7
- Total length: 170.7mm
- Maximum diameter: 93.5mm
- Weight: 1490 g
- Aperture blades: 9
- Ultrasonic motor of the new development that has been thinned
- Inner focus, inner zoom
- Suggested retail price $1,099 in the U.S.A.
- Mounts for Canon, for Nikon, for sigma
- Shipping date - mid to late March