The Canon EOS-6D light weight, full frame DSLR camera will be available by the end of 2012. It has a list price of $2,099 and should be a good selling model for those who want a starter full frame camera loaded with the latest technology and features. It will give the Nikon D600 a real competition for the money.
Canon EOS 6D key specifications :
- 20.2MP full frame CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5+ image processor
- ISO 100-25600 standard, 50-102800 expanded
- 4.5 fps continuous shooting
- 'Silent' shutter mode
- 1080p30 video recording, stereo sound via external mic
- 11 point AF system, center point cross-type and sensitive to -3 EV
- 63 zone iFCL metering system
- 97% viewfinder coverage; interchangeable screens (including Eg-D grid and Eg-S fine-focus)
- 1040k dot 3:2 3" ClearView LCD (fixed)
- Single SD card slot
- Built-in Wi-Fi and GPS
- Single-axis electronic level
CNET has posted a comparison of the camera with other Canon models and the Nikon D600 and Sony Alpha SLT-A99. You can read the article here.