As reported earlier, Canon will be announcing the new EOS-M5 mirrorless camera with the APS-C sensor soon, perhaps as early as mid month, before the big Photokina show in Cologne, Germany, instead of later in Q4.
Expected specs of EOS-M5 mirrorless camera :
- 24MP APS-C sensor (similar to EOS-80D camera)
- Built-in, flip up electronic viewfinder
- New and improved AF system (The EOS-M line sorely needs one)
- Better egornomics and improved feel and handling
- Camera sold with EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens kit
- Price will just a bit higher than the EOS-M3, with much better performance