The new operating system, iOS10, with the enhanced camera app, includes features to maximize the enhanced zoom features of the dual camera system on iPhone 7 Plus. Brand new to the iPhone 7 is the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack. Instead, Apple is including a pair of Lightning-connected (wired) EarPods in the box and a Lightning-converter for your 3.5mm headphone plug. Alternatively, a Bluetooth earbuds can be used. Both models will come with new stereo speakers.
The new A10 Fusion four-core CPU will power both phones. Apple said it’s 40% faster than the A9 in previous generation iPhones and includes a 6-core graphics chip that’s 50% faster than A9. Both models are water and dust resistant. Battery life is claimed to extend by up to one to two hours over the iPhone 6 models.
Features of the new iPhone 7 :
- Redesigned Home button with Taptic engine
- A10 Fusion four-core CPU
- Water and dust resistant enclosure
- 12 Megapixel cameras with new quad-led True Tone flash
- Dual-camera system for enhanced zoom on Plus models
- Optical image stabilization in all iPhone 7 and 7 Plus models
- Lightning Earpods + Lightning to 3.5mm adapter in box
- New glossy “Jet black”, second “black” finish with black logo, silver, gold, rose gold