|Canon EOS-7D Mk II APS-C camera|
As reported earlier, Canon USA has released a new firmware, Version 1.0.4 for the EOS-7D Mk II camera. The new firmware should hopefully fix the AF 'problems' I have encountered with the camera bought back in November 2014.
Firmware Version 1.0.4 incorporates the following fixes :
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the camera’s AF function may not operate properly at a focal length of approximately 100mm when used with the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in rare instances, the reduction of the flicker effect cannot be achieved when in AI servo AF mode, despite the “Anti-flicker shoot” function being set to “Enable”.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the Picture Style settings may not be applied to the captured image when the camera is set to custom shooting mode C1, C2 or C3.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, the first still image captured in live view mode may not record the correct date and time.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which, in very rare cases, image noise may appear in JPEG images when brightness or contrast is corrected by the Auto Lighting Optimizer function.
Download Firmware 1.04 via Canon USA