|Canon EOS-5D Mk IV full frame camera?|
Now that the Canon EOS-5Ds and EOS-5DsR cameras are starting to ship, albeit at a slow pace, the talk has turned back to the next big full frame cameras coming down the pipeline, namely the EOS-1D X Mk II and EOS-5D Mk IV.
Both cameras are expected to have new sensors and processors with unmatched dynamic range and high ISO performance. The EOS-1D X Mk II is expected to be announced first, perhaps in Q4 with an end of year to Q1 2016 delivery date. The EOS-5D Mk IV may be announced Q1 to Q2 of 2016, with delivery in the following quarter. Canon is putting on an invitation only Exposition (once every 5 years) in New York City and Paris in September, 2015. There may be some development coming out of these two events. Keep checking back for the latest development.
- Camera will have 4K video
- Comes with new sensor and processor
- DIGIC 7 processor (unlikely). DIGIC 6+ (most likely)
- Current test cameras have mid 20 to 30 MP sensors
- May share the same AF system as EOS-1D X Mk II
- Improved material and egornomics
- Possible announcement date - Q1 - Q2, 2016 but after the EOS-1D X Mk II