|Canon Powershot G3X camera|
Canon has revealed the new PowerShot G3 X compact – the first superzoom model to join Canon’s ‘Premium Expert’ range of cameras – which combines a 25x optical zoom lens, a large, 1.0-type, 20.2 Megapixel sensor, a dust-proof and drip-proof body and an extensive range of manual controls over exposure settings to deliver advanced performance for shooting stunning stills and recording Full HD movies.
The 25x lens of the PowerShot G3 X gives a zoom range of 24-600mm (35mm equivalent) and includes an intelligent, advanced 5-axis Image Stabilizer for capturing sharp photos and videos at all focal lengths.
The PowerShot G3 X’s bright f/2.8-5.6, 25x optical zoom gives an amazing focal length range of 24-600mm, and also features a 9-blade aperture, to ensure the camera is ideal for capturing an incredibly wide range of subjects; everything from wide-angle landscapes to stunning portraits with beautiful background blur and distant subjects in exquisite detail at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
Richard Trestain, Photo and Video Product Launch Manager, Canon Europe explained: “The PowerShot G3 X is an impressively specified and robust superzoom camera that puts photographers and filmmakers in control of all shooting settings. It will appeal to both enthusiast and advanced photographers who want to shoot a wide variety of subjects and represents the latest major development in the PowerShot ‘Premium Expert’ camera range; it delivers superb quality for shooting stills as well as Full HD movies.”
SUPERB IMAGE QUALITY
A large 1.0-type, back-illuminated, 20.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 processor combine in the HS System to deliver exceptional image quality (up to ISO 12,800) even in extreme low-light conditions, making it easy to capture the real atmosphere of the moment with great detail.
Thanks to an intelligent, advanced 5-axis Image Stabilizer, the PowerShot G3 X automatically adapts and ensures sharp, detailed photos and videos even when shooting at the telephoto end of the zoom or handheld in low-light.
ADVANCED MOVIE FEATURES
Shooting stunning Full HD movies is easy with the PowerShot G3 X with full manual control over aperture, shutter, ISO and focus pull plus a choice of variable frame rates of 24p, 25p, 30p, 50p or 60p.
Filmmakers can achieve perfect focus with the MF Peaking function and use Aspect Markers to frame in popular movie formats; your creativity can be easily monitored whilst shooting with HDMI live output to an external monitor.
High quality stereo sound can be achieved via a range of versatile sound recording options that allow the use of an external microphone and headphones (via 3.5mm jacks) and Full HD movies are recorded in MP4 container format for improved compatibility with mobile devices.
EXPERT MANUAL CONTROL
The PowerShot G3 X offers full manual control over settings and features a dedicated mode dial and exposure compensation dial on its top plate.
A large, 8.0 cm (3.2”), 1.62 million dot, tiltable touch screen has an EOS-like interface and ensures excellent colour accuracy, image clarity and contrast. The touch interface enables more intuitive control, with pinch zoom capability in review mode and Touch AF for instant selection of focus points and for ensuring accurate and smooth focus pull in movies.
Quick access to advanced manual controls and settings is made easy thanks to a dedicated mode dial, an exposure compensation dial and a customisable, smooth, Lens Control Ring that allows for control over subtle focus adjustments – the Lens Control Ring also allows you to incrementally adjust settings such as aperture and shutter speed. Full Manual and RAW with multi-aspect support can be used to get just the shot required, whilst there’s also a BULB exposure mode, plus a built-in 3-stop ND filter extends shooting capabilities, such as shooting in daylight with slower shutter speeds.
A HOST OF CREATIVE FEATURES
The PowerShot G3 X boasts a host of other features including ultra-fast focusing thanks to a super-responsive 31-point Ai autofocus system and high-speed, sustained continuous shooting at up to 5.9 frames-per-second.
The camera also features an impressive array of creative modes including a choice from seven different Creative Filters, Star Mode, Creative Shot Mode and Background Defocus Mode to achieve beautiful, SLR-style background blur.
CONNECT & SHARE STILLS AND CLIPS
The PowerShot G3 X is compatible with a wide range of Canon accessories, including Speedlite flashguns and a high-resolution electronic viewfinder.
A new Short Clip movie mode allows users to record short clips (between 4 and 6 seconds) that can easily be shared via social media networks. These can be recorded with a choice of playback effects: Constant, Double speed, Slow (half) speed or Action Playback.
Using the Mobile Device Connect Button or Dynamic NFC makes it quick and easy to wirelessly transfer images to smart devices via WiFi while Image Sync can automatically back up to cloud-based services, such as Canon’s own irista and Flickr. A new Canon Camera Connect app (which is also compatible with Canon EOS WiFi-enabled cameras) enables advanced remote shooting with the camera, including Touch AF and access to most creative modes.
POWERSHOT G3 X - KEY FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- 20.2 Megapixel HS System with 1.0-type CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 processor for stunning low-light results up to ISO 12,800.
- 25x 24-600mm* f/2.8-5.6 Canon optical zoom lens with 9-blade aperture.
- Intelligent IS adapts to the situation for sharp shots.
- Expert handling with smooth action Lens Control Ring, customisable menus, shortcut buttons and dedicated exposure compensation dial.
- WiFi with Dynamic NFC and Mobile Device Connect Button. Remote shooting possible via smartphone or tablet.
- Wireless image back-up to the cloud using Image Sync.
- 8.0 cm (3.2"), high-resolution (1620k dots), tiltable PureColor II G LCD touch screen with Touch AF.
- Super-fast 31-point AiAF and sustained continuous shooting at up to 5.9fps.
- Multi-aspect RAW file support, built-in ND filter and BULB exposure mode.
- Full HD movies with variable frame rates (24p, 25p, 30p, 50p and 60p); 5-axis Dynamic Image Stabilizer for steady movie footage.
- Manual control in movie for extended creativity (Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO sensitivity); MF Peaking for accurate focusing.
- HDMI live output. Support for external microphone and headphones.
- Dust-proof and drip-proof body.
- Creative Filters, Star Mode, Creative Shot Mode and Background Defocus.
- Compatible with optional accessories including a high-resolution electronic viewfinder and EOS Speedlite flashguns.
- Estimated price $1,000 and delivery in July 2015.
Post a Comment