|Canon EOS-5D Mark IV full frame DSLR camera|
* * * Canon announces the EOS-5D Mark IV camera * * *
* * * Canon announcements recap for reminder of 2016 * * *
In May, I reported the EOS-5D Mark IV pre-production camera is out on field tests with photographers who have signed Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Canon. The EOS-5D Mark IV is Canon's most anticipated camera after the EOS-1D X Mark II because it promises a continuation of the highly successful EOS-5D line into a new decade. My latest information points to the camera coming with dual card slots - CFast 2.0 and the newer SDXC UHS-II.
This makes perfect sense since the new camera will shoot 4K videos that may even slightly exceed the EOS-1D X Mark II's quality. I have taken delivery of the EOS-1D X Mark II and took it to the Upper Amazon/Peruvian Andes and the high Arctic for real world wildlife photo shoots testing. You can read my review, see my equipment bag and works on MichaelDanielHo.com
Canon will be announcing the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II lens with the new camera. This is my favorite Canon 'wide to short' zoom 'L' lens and it can really take advantage of an upgrade. Looks like Canon has decided to offer the new camera and lens as a kit. I have not decided whether to buy the EOS-5D Mark IV when it comes out. I view the new camera as a little brother to the EOS-1D X Mark II and a more agile cousin to the EOS-5Ds. However, I will definitely buy the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS Series II lens.
Below is the best information I have on the new camera right now. The EOS-5D Mark IV will most probably be announced in Q3, in time for the Photokina Show in Cologne, Germany on September 20. Keep checking back. More to come . . . . . .
- New 28MP Sensor
- DIGIC 7 Processor (Dual DIGIC 6 processor possible)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology
- 61 point AF system (same as EOS-1D X Mark II)
- Red AF points in AI Servo (same as EOS-1D X Mark II)
- Burst rate of 8 to 10 fps
- Comes with WiFi and GPS
- Canon Log and Wide DR gamut
- Equipped with SDXC UHS-II and CFast memory slots
- Improved material and ergonomics
- May come with tilting touchscreen LCD
- 4K video, slightly exceeding EOS-1D X Mark II's capability
- New Battery Grip - BG-E20
- New Battery - LP-E20
- EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II offered as a kit with camera
- Announcement date - Q3 (August), 2016.
- List price - around $3,500 in the U.S.