|Canon EOS-5D Mark IV full frame camera|
In May, I reported the EOS-5D Mark IV pre-production camera was out on field tests with photographers who have signed Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with Canon. The EOS-5D Mark IV is Canon's most anticipated camera after the EOS-1D X Mark II because it promises a continuation of the highly successful EOS-5D line into a new decade.
Digicame-Info reported Canon has registered a new camera with the Indonesian Certification Authority. My sources in Asia has confirmed Model name DS126601 is indeed the EOS-5D Mark IV.
Equipment : Digital camera
Model name : Canon DS126601
Manufacturing : Japan
Date : July 1, 2016
Canon will be announcing the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II lens with the new camera. This is my favorite Canon 'wide to short' zoom 'L' lens and it can really take advantage of an upgrade. Looks like Canon has decided to offer the new camera and lens as a kit. I have not decided whether to buy the EOS-5D Mark IV when it comes out. I view the new camera as a little brother to the EOS-1D X Mark II and a more agile cousin to the EOS-5Ds. However, I will definitely buy the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS Series II lens.
Below is the latest information I have on the new camera right now. The EOS-5D Mark IV will most probably be announced in Q3, in time for the Photokina Show in Cologne, Germany on September 20. Keep checking back. I will be able to confirm more specs later . . . . .
- New 26 to 28MP Sensor. Will be below 30MP.
- DIGIC 7 Processor. Dual DIGIC 6 Processors also possible
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology
- ISO 100 - 51200 with expanded capability to 204800
- 61 point AF system (same as EOS-1D X Mark II)
- Red AF points in AI Servo (same as EOS-1D X Mark II)
- Burst rate of 8 to 10 fps. Most probably 9 fps
- Comes with WiFi and GPS
- Canon Log and Wide DR gamut
- Equipped with SDXC UHS-II and CFast memory slots
- Improved material and ergonomics. Slightly lighter
- May come with tilting touchscreen LCD
- 4K video, slightly exceeding EOS-1D X Mark II's capability
- New Battery Grip - BG-E20
- New Battery - LP-E20
- EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II offered as a kit with camera
- Announcement date - Q3 (August), 2016.
- List price - around $3,500 in the U.S.
Post a Comment