* * * Read the latest post on the EOS-7D Mk II camera * * *
The announcement of the Canon EOS-7D Mk II is fast approaching, perhaps not fast enough for some, after almost 5 years of waiting and I am getting more 'leads.' My sources informed me they were 'briefed' on the features by a photographer who is using the camera at the World's Cup right now and he is not disagreeing too much with the specs I have speculated on my previous posts.
Possible specifications of the EOS-7D Mk II camera :
- 20+ MP APS-C Sensor ( With new, breakthrough technology. Stay tuned )
- Advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology
- Dual DIGIC 5+ processors ( Excellent for speed processing )
- 8 - 10 fps ( Most welcomed by me )
- Dual Memory Card Slots ( One CF and one SD. I prefer 2 CF slots )
- 45 -61 AF Points ( Perhaps similar to EOS-1D Mk IV and X )
- 3.2″ LCD monitor ( Excellent for reviewing images )
- 100% coverage viewfinder. Magnification 1.15
- Similar build quality as the EOS-5D Mk III with improved weather proofing
- Comes with GPS and WiFi ( Not necessary, in my opinion )
- ISO Performance may equal EOS-5D Mk III ( Most welcomed by me )
- Latest video features similar but more advanced than EOS-70D
- Selling price between $2,000 to $2,199. Not finalized yet
- May be announced with EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens
As reported in my earlier posts, the new camera may look a 'baby' EOS-1. The mode dial found on all non EOS-1 DSLR bodies may be gone, replaced by a top plate, with a bigger bump than the current EOS-7D and similar to the EOS-1D X.
The current EOS-7D is an excellent piece of equipment and my pick, four years in a row as the best value in APS-C camera. I am most interested in the Mk II's new sensor and AF system plus high ISO capability. The EOS-7D Mk II will be Canon's most important camera announcement this year and they are pulling out all the stops. The best guess of the expected release date of the camera will be mid August, possibly together with another highly anticipated announcement, the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens.
You can see my works with the camera from worldwide photo shoots on MichaelDanielHo.com. Keep checking back for the latest info and development.