|Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC lens|
* * * Canon also announced the EF-M 55-200mm lens * * *
June 19, 2014, Commack, New York - Tamron USA, Inc. announced the price and delivery of the 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC for Canon mount (Model B011). This lightweight, compact high-power zoom lens, originally released for Sony mount in 2011, is designed for mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras with APS-C sized sensors and sports a stylish design and is available in two color options. It will be available in the U.S. starting June 26, 2014 at $499.
- This high-power, 18-200mm, lightweight and compact zoom lens weighing 16.2 ounces with a 62mm filter is designed for mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras. Equipped with Tamron’s acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation), the lens enables easy handheld shooting from 18mm wide angle to 200mm full telephoto.
- Employing two (Low Dispersion) elements, three Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, one XR (high refractive index) element, and one Hybrid Aspherical element, the lens delivers astounding image quality by reducing aberrations to a bare minimum.
- The lens boasts a striking appearance worthy of mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera designs. The metallic lens barrel exterior is available in two colors: black and silver.
- The lens also has a stepping motor adopted for the AF drive, a construction that accommodates Contrast-detection AF and shooting video. This feature also supports Direct Manual Focus (DMF) function, which allows the user to make fine manual adjustments after initially focusing by AF.