|Canon EOS-M10 with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 lens|
The EOS M10 camera was announced on October 13, 2015. The camera is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in November 2015, and will be offered in a kit with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens at an estimated retail price of $599.99. The camera body is available in black or white, and will also be available in gray exclusively through the Canon Online store at http://shop.usa.canon.com.
In addition, the new EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens is scheduled to be available in November 2015 at an estimated retail price of $299.99 and a silver version of the current EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens also is scheduled to be available in November 2015 at an estimated retail price of $349.99.
The EOS-M line of camera sells very well in Asia, primarily to women. The Canon video below plays to that theme again with the new EOS-M10.
Canon EOS M10 Digital Camera Specifications Summary :
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H:25600)
- Canon DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Hybrid CMOS AF II for accurate autofocus along with maximum continuous shooting speeds up to 4.6 fps
- 3.0-inch tilt-type (180º up) LCD monitor (approximately 1,040,000 dots)
- Full HD 1920×1080 movies at 24p and 30p in MP4 format
- Self Portrait mode to adjust camera effects, including skin smoothness and brightness* Compatible with all EF-M lenses as well as full line of EF and EF-S lenses*
- Compact size at just 4.2 x 2.6 x 1.3 inches, and just over 10.5 ounces (including battery and memory card)
- Built-in retractable flash
- Built in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) plus Mobile Device Connect Button