|Canon EOS-5D Mark IV DSLR full frame camera|
* * * Canon EOS-5D Mark IV camera photo leaked? * * *
Now that Canon has announced the EOS-1D X Mark II and EOS-80D cameras, with delivery scheduled for April, attention has again shifted to the EOS-5D Mark IV and when the camera will be announced.
Unlike the flagship EOS-1D X Mark II, the EOS-5D Mark IV camera may not command a stand alone event, so it will most probably be announced before a photography trade show. NAB and Photokina are coming in April and September, respectively.
NAB is primarily a trade show for videographers and broadcasters. Canon will be showcasing their Cinema EOS products like the C500 Mark II camera with 8K video. There is almost certainty the next EOS-5D will have 4K video. It may be called the EOS-5D Mark IV (most probably) or by another model number - EOS-5D C or X. Similar to the EOS-1D C, when Canon chose to separate the EOS-1D X line four years ago.
Historically, Canon has never announced a major camera at Photokina. This leaves the summer open for an announcement but those are notoriously slow months and many photography writers will be on vacation. Of course, Canon may surprise all of us by breaking their previous mold and announce the EOS-5D Mark IV just before the NAB Show to complement the 4K and 8K video theme of the Canon camera lineup.
There are a lot of chatter out there on the EOS-5D Mark III's replacement. Some are simply without merit (designed to grab attention) and not worth mentioning. My best estimate is Canon may make a product development announcement about the EOS-5D around the time of NAB 2016 and talk about its coming 4K video capability but will not officially announce the new camera because it will upstage the EOS-1D X Mark II's April delivery. The EOS-5D Mark IV will most probably be announced in Q3, in time for the Photokina Show in Cologne, Germany on September 20. Below are the possible specs I have on the Mark IV. Keep checking back. More to come . . . . . .
- New 28MP Sensor
- DIGIC 6+ Processor (DIGIC 7 possible)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology
- 61 point AF system (same as EOS-1D X Mark II)
- Red AF points in AI Servo (same as EOS-1D X Mark II)
- Burst rate of 8 to 10 fps
- Comes with WiFi and GPS
- Canon Log and Wide DR gamut
- Equipped with SD and CFast memory slots
- Improved material and ergonomics
- May come with tilting touchscreen LCD
- 4K video, slightly exceeding EOS-1D X Mark II's capability
- New Battery Grip - BG-E20
- New Battery - LP-E20
- Maybe called EOS-5D C or X (possible but unlikely)
- Announcement date - Q3 (August), 2016.
- List price - around $3,499 in the U.S.