As part of its initiative to support fashion designers, Canon has been working with Henry Holland to bring unique imagery to his House of Holland show and print his actual catwalk stage using an Océ Arizona flatbed printer. Canon will also collaborate with Ashish to create an instant Look Book about his eccentric and unique collection mixing Western and Eastern cultures, using Canon’s printing facilities.
During Vodafone London Fashion Weekend, Canon Fashion 360˚ Studio will provide an engaging, eye-catching and fun demonstration of the power of the image by encouraging attendees to look at an image from different angles. Visitors’ best poses will be captured by 40 Canon EOS 100D cameras in a purpose built studio and resulting images will be integrated into a four-second 360-degree film clip that can be immediately shared via the individual’s social media profiles.
Further highlights Canon’s sponsorship activities in London include :
- Blogger Andy Torres from StyleScrapbook.com will be back to tell a story of fashion, from creation to catwalk, through a series of interviews with leaders from the fashion industry, including Caroline Rush, CEO of the British Fashion Council, and professional photographer Clive Booth.
- Visitors to Vodafone London Fashion Weekend can try out Canon’s latest products in the touch and try zone of the Canon Fashion 360˚ Studio, Experts will be on hand to offer advice and direction on how to use the cameras to capture the best fashion moments.
- Canon is inviting accredited professional photographers to participate in the Canon Professional Network (CPN) ‘Best Shot’ competition to find that perfect fashion image. As part of the ‘Shoot like a Pro’ initiative, students from the CPN program will also have the opportunity to shoot the catwalk at London Fashion Weekend and enter their images into the student version of the ‘Best Shot’ competition to win Canon kit.
- As the Digital Showcasing Partner at London Fashion Week, Canon will be providing live screenings of the latest in high street chic and haute couture, fashion shows, and designer presentations, in the Canon Cinema & Presentation Space within the BFC Courtyard Show Space at Somerset House.
- Canon-branded buses will transport professional photographers to and from various locations around London for catwalk shows.
London Fashion Week (13-17 September) is the biggest event on the British fashion calendar, with over 5,000 visitors at this year’s event. It is followed by Vodafone London Fashion Weekend (19-22 September), London’s largest and most exclusive designer shopping event open to the public biannually.
Canon is also a Principal Sponsor of Milan Fashion Week and a Key Sponsor of Paris Fashion Week, and Professional Photo Partner of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Russia.
For the latest information about Canon and fashion, please see Canon’s Facebook and Twitter pages #canonfashion.