|Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II zoom lens?|
I was expecting the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens to come out around Photokina 2014 but obviously that did not happen. This is my favorite non Super Telephoto zoom 'L' lens but it is desperately in need of an upgrade. You can read my review of this lens here.
As my readers know, I prefer to travel light and handhold my equipment while on photo shoots, if practical. The EF 100-400mm II lens will offer me unmatched mobility and versatility. Cannot wait to get my hands on this replacement lens. Nikon announced their 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 AF-S zoom lens to great excitement last year.
Possible specs for EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens :
- Rotating zoom ring, like the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
- Telescopic in design, like the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS
- Latest generation optics and coatings
- Latest generation 4 stop Image Stabilization system
- Perhaps with 3 IS modes, like the Super Telephoto Series II lens
- Latest material, offering a slight weight and size reduction to current model
- 82mm filter thread
- List price under $2,500
Canon has announced the Canon EOS-7D Mk II camera and EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II lens on September 15 but chose not to announce the EF 100-400mm II lens at that time. I hope the Series II lens will be released in the middle to latter part of the 4th quarter in 2014, with delivery starting early 2015. Keep checking back for the latest information and you can see my works on MichaelDanielHo.com