* * * EOS-7D Mk II camera announced * * *
Last year, Canon announced the EOS-70D camera with the ground-breaking Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology to rave reviews. A few months later, I reported Canon is ready to take this new revolutionary system to the next level and introduce it to other cameras in their lineup.
With the imminent release of the Canon EOS-7D Mk II on September 5, my sources informed me the new camera will come with a brand new sensor to bring the Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology to new heights. In the last year, Canon has been filing patents similar to Foveon sensors, with one patent showing up to 5 layers, 3 layers for RGB, 1 for IR and 1 for UV.
The current EOS-7D camera has dual DIGIC 4 processors but Canon may even skip the DIGIC 5+ processors in favor of the DIGIC 6 to power the EOS-7D Mk II, in order to maximize the potential of this new sensor. You can see my works with the present camera from worldwide photo shoots on MichaelDanielHo.com. Keep checking back for the latest info and development as I get more 'leaks' from my sources.
Possible specifications of the EOS-7D Mk II camera :
- 20+ MP APS-C Sensor ( With new, breakthrough technology. Stay tuned )
- Advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology
- Dual DIGIC 5+ or DIGIC 6 processors ( Excellent for speed processing )
- 8 - 10 fps ( Most welcomed by me )
- Dual Memory Card Slots ( One CF and one SD. I prefer 2 CF slots )
- 45 -61 AF Points ( Perhaps similar to EOS-1D Mk IV and X )
- 3.2″ LCD monitor ( Excellent for reviewing images )
- 100% coverage viewfinder. Magnification 1.15
- Similar build quality as the EOS-5D Mk III with improved weather proofing
- Comes with GPS and WiFi ( Not necessary, in my opinion )
- ISO Performance may equal EOS-5D Mk III ( Most welcomed by me )
- Latest video features similar but more advanced than EOS-70D
- Selling price between $2,000 to $2,199. Not finalized yet
- May be announced with EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens
Post a Comment