|Canon white EOS Rebel SL1 camera kit|
Canon introduced this white EOS Rebel 100D camera kit for the UK market last month. Now the same camera kit, known as the Rebel SL1 in North America, is available here starting the end of June for a list price of $750. For more detailed specs, visit Canon's website.
United Kingdom, 16 April 2014 – Canon today introduces a new white edition of the world’s smallest and lightest APS-C DSLR , the EOS 100D, as well as a new white version of its EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM zoom lens. Ideal for first time users looking to explore the world of DSLR photography, the new editions to the EOS range make it easy for anyone, whatever their skill level, to capture and relive special moments in stunning detail.
Measuring just 116.8 x 90.7 x 69.4mm, the EOS 100D is compact enough to always carry with you and features an 18 MP APS-C Hybrid CMOS AF II sensor and a range of simple controls and automatic shooting modes, making capturing stunning images and Full HD movies effortless. The incredibly lightweight and compact body provides a traditional DSLR shooting experience while the large 7.7cm (3.0”) ClearView II touch screen, makes it easy to adjust settings and review images straight after capture.
The white EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens is the perfect partner for the new EOS 100D, providing the flexibility to capture everyday subjects from sweeping landscapes to close-up portraits. An Optical Image Stabilizer ensures images are captured with impressive detail and clarity, while the near-silent STM technology also ensures noise is kept to a minimum whilst focusing in movies.
White EOS 100D – key features :
- 18.0 Megapixel Hybrid CMOS AF II sensor
- Compact, portable design
- Simple shooting with Scene Intelligent Auto
- Optical viewfinder and large touch screen
- Full-HD movies with Hybrid CMOS AF II
- Creative Filters and Extra Effect Shot
- Built-in Feature Guide
- EOS System of lenses and accessories
White EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM – key features :
- Versatile focal length range
- Compact design
- Four-stop optical Image Stabilizer
- Smooth focusing with STM motor
- 0.25m closest focusing distance
- Super Spectra Coating
- Non-rotating front element
- Manual focus ring
- Circular seven-bladed aperture
Pricing and availability
- The EOS 100D White will be available from May 2014 with an MSRP of £499/€599.