|Canon EOS-7D Mk II camera launching in Q2, 2014?|
* * * Read the latest post on the Canon EOS-7D Mk II here * * *
The EOS-1D Mk IV camera with its excellent APS-H 1.3x sensor was discontinued a while back, leaving a void in the cropped frame, professional camera space. I am looking for a semi-pro body with the extra reach since I am not a big fan of extenders. The current 7D is an excellent piece of equipment and my pick, four years in a row as the best value in APS-C camera.
Nikon announced their top-of-the-line D4s camera this week, to a some what underwhelmed response. Canon will be introducing a couple of Pixma Pro printers next month. There is a chance they may bring forward the release date of the EOS-7D Mk II to March, but most probably it will be the second quarter of 2014, with delivery starting late Q2 or early Q3. The current EOS-7D has the most advanced AF system of all the Canon APS-C bodies. The Achilles heel of the camera is its mediocre high ISO performance.
Possible specifications of the EOS-7D Mk II camera :
- 20 MP APS-C Sensor ( probably similar to the EOS-70D )
- Dual DIGIC 5+ processors ( Excellent for speed processing )
- 10 fps ( Most welcomed by me )
- Dual Memory Card Slots ( One CF and one SD. I prefer 2 CF slots )
- 61 AF Points ( Perhaps the same as the EOS-1D X )
- 3.2″ LCD monitor ( Excellent for reviewing images )
- Similar build quality as the EOS-5D Mk III with much better weather proofing
- GPS and WiFi ( Not necessary, in my opinion )
- ISO Performance may equal EOS-5D Mk III ( Most welcomed by me )
- Latest video features similar to, probably beating the EOS-70D model
- Selling price between $2,000 to $2,199. Not finalized yet
The features of the new camera will be firmed up very soon and the feedback from the Olympics are crucial in determining the final specifications. I am very fond of my EOS-7D camera and cannot wait to get the new model. You can see my works with the camera on MichaelDanielHo.com. Keep checking back for the latest information.