Canon EOS C500/C500 PL Firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 is now availabale for download. There are also Firmware upgrades for the EOS C100, C300 and EOS-1D C cameras as well.
- When using the Magnify focus assist function, the ability to move the magnified viewing area around the LCD has been added.
- Maximum ISO setting has been increased to ISO 80,000.
- Cinema Gamut mode and DCI-P3+ mode have been added to provide expanded color gamut options in RAW capture.
- 4096×1080-pixel RAW format resolution has been added.
- A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
- Using the optional Canon WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter, the camera’s remote-control application allows up to two users to access the same unit via a Wi-Fi link providing simultaneous and independent control of camera operation and metadata input.
- Canon Log LUT support has been made possible for HD/SD SDI terminal output.
- ACESproxy output from monitor terminal has been added.
- [ND]/[ND-] have been added as functions that can be allocated to any assignable button.
EOS C500 Digital Cinema Camera only
- Ability to assign the two control dials (body and grip) to operate either Iris or ISO sensitivity independently has been added.
- Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven (7) Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and eleven (11) Canon EF Lenses.
Cinema lenses (EF-mount) and Canon EF Lenses affected by new firmware update :
The seven EF mount Canon Cinema Lenses are :
- CN-E15.5-47mm T2.8 L S
- CN-E30-105mm T2.8 L S
- CN-E14mm T3.1 L F
- CN-E24mm T1.5 L F
- CN-E50mm T1.3 L F
- CN-E85mm T1.3 L F
- CN-E135mm T2.2 L F
New firmware version does not include the CN-E35mm T1.5 L F.
The eleven EF mount Canon EF Lenses are :
- EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- EF-500mm f/4L IS II USM
- EF-600mm f/4L IS II USM
- EF-28mm f/2.8 IS USM
- EF-24mm f/2.8 IS USM
- EF-40mm f/2.8 STM
- EF-24-70mm f/4L IS USM
- EF-35mm f/2 IS USM
- EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- EF-24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- EF-200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 is for Cinema EOS C500 and EOS C500 PL cameras with Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 through 126.96.36.199. Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Download Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 for EOS C500.
Download Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 for EOS C500 PL.
The Instruction Manual contains all the new features and upgrades in this new firmware update.
Download the new version of the Instruction Manual for the EOS C500.
Download the new version of the Instruction Manual for the EOS C500 PL.