The Canon EOS-M2 can be pre-ordered from Amazon Japan.
Canon EOS-M2 Camera Key Specs :
- 18 megapixel APS-C sensor (1.6x crop)
- DIGIC 5 image processor
- ISO 100-12,800
- 4.6 fps continuous shooting
- New hybrid phase-detecion/contrast AF that covers 80% of the sensor area
- 3 inch LCD monitor with 1.04 million pixels
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Full HD video with stereo sound
- New Kid and Cooking Scene mode
- Weight: 274 g (9.67 oz)
In a way, I am happy Canon has decided to 'cut their losses' on the EOS-M camera,at least for now. This is another indication they are serious about 2014 and getting back to the basics of building the best DSLRs and EF Lenses. Although the EOS-M sales in North America and Europe are a disappointment to Canon, the camera is actually selling well in Asia. Canon has apparently decided not to upgrade the EOS-M outside Asia, just like they have not released the EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens in the United States either. The following is a machine translation of part of the announcement in Japanese from Canon :
The new product is a model that inherits the concept model "EOS M" (9 January 2012), the balance of small size, light weight and high image quality equivalent to that of the digital single-lens reflex camera EOS series conventional. Evolved significantly AF performance from previous models, while equipped with a wireless LAN function anew, we are downsizing about 8% volume.
Users can in addition to fun to shooting full-fledged easily and comfortable, get the pleasure of after shooting to easily share with your friends and family a photograph by this.
Can be remarkably improved AF performance "hybrid CMOS AF II"
Over a wide area of approximately 80% vertically and horizontally of the shooting screen, we have adopted to enable the combination of the imaging surface phase difference AF and contrast AF to "hybrid CMOS AF II". As a result, the conventional model ? 1 in the ranging area wider than, about 2.3 times to ? 2 enables fast focusing, it is possible to achieve a shooting in the composition he wanted, ability to respond to a moving subject is improving will.
- Previous models that have been updated firmware Ver.2.0 or more comparison is "EOS M".
- One-Shot AF, Live AF multi-point, use "F3.5-5.6 IS STM EF-M18-55mm", shooting at focal length 55mm.
High image quality equivalent to that of the digital single-lens reflex camera EOS series
By the deployment of the video engine DIGIC 5 and CMOS sensor APS-C size of about 18 million pixels, and has realized the continuous shooting performance of about 4.6 frames / second highest image quality and large-sized sensor only. In addition, ISO12800 can be achieved by boosting the sensitivity (extended ISO25600), with reduced noise even in dark.
- Commonly used ISO sensitivity during movie recording is the highest ISO6400.
Built-in wireless LAN function of the Wi-Fi enabled
Smartphone from a Wi-Fi enabled, remote operations, such as the incorporation of still images that are recorded to the memory card in the camera and taking still pictures can be done.
- The operation of the smartphone, dedicated application EOS Remote (free of charge) is required. EOS Remote is compatible with iOS and Android, but it does not guarantee the operation in all models.
Post a Comment