* * * Canon EOS-70D Announcement on July 2, 2013. Read the latest post here. * * *
Since the EOS-60D is powered by the DIGIC 4 processor, the EOS-70D will most probably be powered by the DIGIC 5. Canon likes to introduce their newest processors on the Rebel line of cameras first, so I would expect DIGIC 6 to come out on the next Rebel camera. For the record, Canon had introduced the DIGIC 6 processor in the PowerShot SX280 camera recently. There may be a new EF lens accompanying the 70D's introduction. Once the official announcement is made, delivery should commence in about one month. Check back for more updated information as they become available.
EOS-70D expected major specifications :
- 18 MP or 21 MP sensor, similar to EOS Rebel SL1 or EOS-7D Mk II
- All-cross type 19-points AF system
- 6 - 7 fps burst rate
- Single SD card slot
- 3.2 inch LCD screen
- ISO 100 - 25600 expanded
- Powered by the DIGIC 5 processor
- 1080p HD video capture
- Capacity touch screen, similar to the EOS Rebel T5i and SL1
- Creative filters with Live Preview
- Some WiFi capability, similar to EOS-6D
- Magnesium alloy body with some weather sealing
- US list price - $1,199 body only
Great read, thanks for the info might have to look into this further!
Get many Canon cameras & accessories at a reduced price here
Hi Alisdair. Looks like the EOS-70D camera is scheduled to come out in July. Keep checking back for the latest info.
Post a Comment